Cybersecurity should be every company’s main concern. Anybody can fall victim to a hack, whether it’s opening an “urgent” email attachment, or clicking a “Google Docs” link for an “important invoice.” Hackers are getting smarter, and so should your cybersecurity system.
So, what exactly is cybersecurity? Well, cybersecurity essentially comes down to keeping your company’s information, data, intellectual property, and devices safe and private. Just as a house without a fence is vulnerable to break-ins, so is a business without cybersecurity protocols.
Before we dive into how you can strengthen your cybersecurity system, let’s touch on what cyber threats there are. Common cyber threats include:
- Malware like viruses and trojans.
- Backdoors that allow remote access.
- Formjacking, which inserts malicious code into online forms.
- DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks, which flood servers and networks with traffic to knock them offline.
- DNS poisoning attacks, which redirect traffic to malicious sites.
Cyber threats can cost organisations billions of rands and cause severe damage. Impacted organisations also stand to lose sensitive data, face fines, as well as reputational damage.
That’s only a few of the possible threats that your business, whether big or small, can encounter. Cybersecurity ensures the safety of your company’s assets by reducing the risk of cyberattacks. It entails:
- Network security. This includes detecting vulnerabilities in your servers, firewalls, and network protocols.
- Cloud security, which concerns securing data, applications, and infrastructure in the Cloud.
- Anti-virus software, which will detect any virus or malware on your device and eliminate it.
Have you made cybersecurity a priority in your business? If not, we strongly urge you to do so as soon as possible! Otherwise, you’ll continue to make yourself vulnerable to a hack.
The primary reason for the numerous successful hacks on businesses can be credited to a lack of cybersecurity. Business owners, especially those running small companies, underestimate this. They make the mistake of doubting that hackers would pay attention to them. Believe us, they will.
Luckily, you can take these steps right now to resolve that issue:
- Invest in cybersecurity
Investing in cybersecurity means several things, but these are the most basic:
- Direct enough resources towards making your accounts, hardware, and network safe.
- Educate your team on the dangers of cyberthreats and train them to follow security procedures. Employees are often the weakest point in your security grid, as any device they use for work can be a potential point of entry for hackers.
- Leverage two-factor authentication, or 2FA
It’s a highly effective solution to preventing hacker attacks. This method works by requesting confirmation before the user can log into their account.
Encourage your employees to use 2FA on both work and personal accounts.
- Use antivirus software
It may sound old-school, but it’s still an excellent method of cyber-attack prevention. But to ensure maximum cybersecurity for your business, purchase a professional package.
If you’d like to learn more about using advanced cybersecurity methods for your business, we can help. Contact us today to secure your company!
Oasis Intelligent IT Solutions.
Telephone: 011 784 9167